Pages

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Record Book for my Cards

I am currently working on a book to hold my cards as I make them, and pictures of cards I mail out.  It's made from file folders, paper bags, and envelopes, and the cover is made from chipboard.  It's called a Lapbook 2 and was designed by Kathy Orta at www.paperphenomenon.com. I wanted to use kraft colored file folders, but didn't find any until after I started my book!  I did find some red and white floral folders so I used those.  It worked out because it inspired the look of the cover.  I wanted to use string tied envelopes and couldn't find those either so I made my own.  It has a magnetic closure under the wood frame, and a hidden hinge system for attaching the folders, envelopes and bags inside.  It's a work in progress however, and I will be adding more pockets and storage areas inside as I go.  I will be able to keep stamps, address labels and any other little items needed for my cards.  I'll post more pictures as I get more done on the inside.


I also entered this project in a challenge at www.Florishes.org for a faux stitching challenge. 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Your book is a very clever idea! It looks beautiful too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Thanks for joining us this week at the Timeless Tuesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete