Pages

Friday, May 22, 2015

Happy Wishes

For my card today I used the foiling technique.  I have watched lots of videos using the Mink machine, but since I don't have one I tried the technique that Jennifer Mcquire shows on her website.  I like the fact that she gives alternative ways to do some of these techniques without all the fancy equipment.  She did a foiled die cut using a large laser printed square. Well, I wanted to do something more detailed and I was not sure it would work, but I love how it did!  I have a ballernia fairy clipart that I purchased not long ago and wanted to try that in gold foil.  The lines are so delicate but when you move the picture it shows off the gold foil very nicely.  I then colored it with my copics and found that the foiling had left a sheen on the picture that distorted the coloring, but by blowing on the image as I colored it the colors looked how I wanted them to.  I used the sketch challenge #301 at Try Stamping on Tuesday for my card design and I love how this card turned out.  I tried to turn the card while I took pictures of it hoping to show off the foil.  It showes up okay on the pictures, but I am no photographer!  I can use this card as a birthday card or an anniversary card or even a friendship card.


 

 
I am definitely using this technique again. With all the wonderful foil colors available it will be fun to see what else I can make. 
 Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend.  Judy

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is beautiful!! Another technique I need to research! :)
    Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
    Debbie (TMS DT)
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous card Judy, a lovely design and such a beautiful image with super colouring!!
    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp wednesday Challenge

    ReplyDelete