Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Peace on Earth

The challenge at Pals Paper Arts #269 had a wonderful sketch for this challenge.  I turned the sketch to so I could do a standard A2 card.  I stamped out this beautiful bird and then scanned it into my computer.  I decreased the size of the image and then printed it out with my laser printer.  I then ran the image through my laminating machine with gold foil to get the image to glitter with gold details.  I could have embossed my image, but I really like the look of this technique, but you have to have  a laser image for it to work.  I then used some color pencils to add a touch of color and the bird looks amazing.  Then I fussy cut it out to layer on my card.  For the wreath I again first stamped it out, then scanned it into my computer to enlarge the image and then printed it out.  I gave it more color with a green color pencil, and then added the red crystal dots and the red bow.  For the sentiment I printed it from my computer and then did the foil technique on it as well using silver foil. After I had everything the way I wanted it, I cut the white card front down to size then rounded the corners and added it to my card base.  I love the way this card came out.  I tried to do a close up of the bird to show off the glitter look from the foil, but it didn't come out right. I'll try again to see if I can get a good picture and the will add it to this post.
Judy
                                                      

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Judy, this technique is amazing! I've heard about the gold foil laminating but never seen it. Photographing this type of card never truly represents it's beauty, but it's gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Judy! Like Peggy, I have never tried this technique but it produces beautiful images. Thanks for playing with the PPA this week!

    ReplyDelete