Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

I have been busy making birthday cards for my sisters and my sister-in-law  These three cards are files that I purchased from a UK company called Instant Card Making Downloads.  They have a huge assortment of cards, boxes, 3-D crafts plus a lot more.  Their cards are beautiful, but I do have to say that I was disappointed that the card files come with little or no instructions, so I had to wing it.  My results may not have been correct, but I feel that my cards came out very nice anyway.  The card files contain print outs of all the parts needed to make the card and its envelope, which I then cut out and assembled.  The first card is a basket of flowers that are layered to give a 3-D effect.

 

 



The next card is a blue shoe with flowers in it and this one also is layered.


 
The last one is my favorite, and was the hardest one to figure out  Everything on this card is layered but when it was done it just stands on its own.  It did not come with an envelope so I will have to get creative which is not a bad thing, since I will have to brace between the layers so it will not get crushed when mailed. One of my sisters loves chocolate, so I may make a tube and fill it with M&M's to put in the center pop up. This will help maintain the shape of that part of the card.  I hope this makes sense to everyone!

 


 
 
Now all I have to do is decide who gets which card!!

No comments:

Post a Comment